Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer-Time Ramp Up


It's that time of year again!! SUMMERTIME!!



This is the time of year when I tend to get really busy. Weekdays are filled with day-job, kids, household chores, and making products.... while the weekends tend to be taken up with Craft Fairs, Open Air Markets and Summer Festivals.

I LOVE this time of year!!!!

I enjoy the hectic pace of making sure there is enough product for shows, the linens are cleaned for the booth, and foraging for enough snacks/water to keep me going throughout the day. (Not to mention, making friends with the neighboring booths so that I can take a restroom break!)



My  busy season runs from August through December... and while I enjoy doing the shows... the only drawback, for me, is missing out on time with my kiddos.
 
What are your favorite things of summer?? Favorite gatherings? Favorite family events? Favorite scents and sounds?

To me, it's watching while my boys run through the sprinkler, ice clinking in my glass of sweet tea... the smell of a campfire and crackle of the logs.... Memorial Day Family Reunion with my husband's family... Camping in the woods.... Time spent with good friends.... and Making SOAP!



Here's wishing you a wonderful kick-off to Summer!

Get out there and enjoy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment