Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bidding Farewell to 2013...

2013 saw a lot of growth for my little business, and also some major personal changes. In 2013, Tub-Time Treasures was growing so quickly, that I decided to quit my full-time medical career to dive in wholeheartedly and build my business.
 
Since July, I have been spending my days at home in the soap studio, creating wonderful skin-loving products to share with the masses. Since I work from home, I have also gotten to spend more quality time with my kiddos. My 10 year old son was able to participate in a team sport for the first time, because I was available to take him to and from practices and games. It was so very nice to be able to do that for him... and to watch him make great strides both physically and socially. He also learned how to ride a bicycle this summer. Not a big accomplishment for most kids... but, for my son, it was pretty awesome... since he hadn't had the chance before. There hadn't been a parent home to teach him. (insert major parental guilt here)
 
I spent my nights and mornings in the soap studio.. and the afternoons swimming with my kiddos. Toes in the sand, sun on our cheeks.. honestly the BEST summer I've had in a LONG time. I am looking forward to spending more time like that with my boys. It's good for my soul... and theirs!
 
These last few months have been busy times for the business. Most weekends were taken up with shows, and preparation for the next filled the weeks in-between. The pace gets more and more hectic the closer it gets to the Christmas rush. The boys and I took a week-long break at Thanksgiving and spent some much-needed time visiting family out of state. It was a wonderful break, even though my mind periodically kept wandering back to the soap studio and the ever-growing list of things that needed to be done. It was a great time spent with family, and it recharged my batteries.
 
That week of focusing on what we are most thankful for, also saw an invitation extended to me from Amanda Griffin. She and Benjamin Aaron asked  if I would be willing to join the Lovin' Soap Project team. Now, if you follow Tub-Time Treasures, you know that I am a HUGE supporter of the Lovin' Soap Project. I couldn't be more honored to join such a wonderful team of awesome people! This invitation is most definitely one of the MAJOR highlights of the past year for me. (If you're not sure what the Lovin' Soap Project is all about, click the link above and take a look)
 
As far as my business goes... in the last week: I've started making purchases/plans to increase my batch production, I've designed my own website (which will be fully-stocked in the coming days), and I've contacted a local man about possibly opening a store front location. My business is growing.. my heart is full... I'm ready to see the all kinds of awesome that 2014 promises to be!
 
Thank you for supporting me in my continuing journey. I wish you all a wildly-successful New Year!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad, that your new full time job has brought you more time with your kids and more happiness! I remember when you told us on SR page that you had started as a self-employed soap maker and now I'm happy that you managed to handle both the best way- your kids and your family.
    I hope to be able to start my own soap business this year, and your story is so inspiring and encouraging!
    Wishing you all the best, Renee, may the new year bring you many clever decisions, as this one was! Stay healthy, happy and busy!
    Maja!

    ReplyDelete